Monday, May 1, 2017

Thank You "Live Beautifully" - Color Dare


The Color Dare Design Team is excited to invite you to an additional special challenge for the month of May! Join us as we celebrate "Live Beautifully", Close to My Heart's special Paper Packet, in honor of National Scrapbooking Month. 


Create something showing what you feel is beautiful in your life! 



Featured Colors: New England Ivy, Eggplant, Pixie, Lemon, Sea Glass, Juniper, Whisper, White Daisy and Black. Optional: Gold  

Again, to enter into this Challenge the paper pack or stamp set are not required for participation. 


There is no limit to the number of entries into our Live Beautifully Challenge and winners of this challenge will also be included in the regular monthly random draw.

This paper pack is Beautiful, and when I saw this rose paper I didn't want to hide any of it.  I have had the Fundamentals "All About the Gold" for a couple months but never really knew what to do with it.  So I put each of the papers against the rose design sheet and decided on the dots. My son and  his wife were here to sit out by the pool, and before my son went out to the pool I asked him what paper should I use, and without even looking at what I had he said "polka dots". He came in my scrapbook room and went through all the gold designs with me, and he agreed the dots were the best.  Soooo ... once again my family helped me out. Cut the floral at 3 1/2" and then layered with the Fundamentals "Gold".  

Cut a 1" strip of another design paper (looks like Thistle color to me) and cut along the lines to give it a scalloped look, and then added the gold/white zip strip in the middle.  Used a die cut for the sentiment.  




CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise:  
Design/Specialty Paper
     Live Beautifully 
     Fundamentals "All About Gold" 
Cardstock 
     Black and White Daisy 
Dies 
     Lawn Fawn #LF1055 "Thank You" 
Other
     3D Thin Foam Tape 

       











3 comments:

NJ Stamping Queen said...

I love how you used the gold dot layer over the beautiful floral patterned paper! Such a clever idea--but then again, that's one of your creative trademarks! Great way to start off the Live Beautifully campaign. I can't wait to see what you create next!
:) Marie

Melanie R said...

This is a beautiful card, Sue! Cleverly thought out and impeccably made, as always.

Alyson Mayo said...

The gold overlay is perfect with this - I never would have thought to use those - great idea! Beautiful card and perfect for the opening of Colour Dare's Live Beautifully challenge.