Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Together Is the Best Place to Be




Welcome to the very first Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge ever! I am particularly fond of this Challenge because my daughter has put it together and hope that some of my followers will participate in this challenge.

The first challenge is using the Close to My Heart Paper Pack "Some Kinda Wonderful" or this color pallet as inspiration. This challenge will be here for the full month of April. Check out the Three Amigo's Blop Hop and Challenge, leave a little love, and don't be shy about entering a project.




Well my decision for entering into this Challenge wasn't too difficult because I happen to have "Some Kinda Wonderful" Paper Pack ...and when I saw the Design Team's inspiration I thought I can do this.  Wanted to challenge myself to the 2nd design sheet and had no idea what I was going to do with it, however cut the background panel so that I would commit to it.



Looking at my other choices in the Pack one of the PML cards was adorable and appealed to me. Many times have trouble working with PML cards but it was too cute to pass up.  Of course when placing the card on my background, the background disappeared ... a stamped sentiment on that PML card and I would have been done ... again reminded myself ... no, no you're committed, don't back away.  I didn't and here's my finished card.



Cut the PML card around the adorable critters and added a zip strip which reminded me of lights along a stage and adhered to bottom of card.  Knew where my theme was going so went to Cricut and found a theater ticket, added text in cricut using the sentiment from a stamp set and ahered with 3D thin tape.  Something missing ... popcorn of course, so went back to Cricut wherein I purchased popcorn and modified the box.  Put a little butter (yellow) on the popcorn and added liquid glass.



Also sent to the following Challenges:
The Outlawz - Saturday Paper Ala Mode "Celebrating Animals" 









CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Paper
     Some Kinda Wonderful and PML Card
Cardstock 
     Raspberry and White Daisy 
Ink / Pens
     Cricut Black Pen
     ShinHan Pale Yellow alcohol-based Pen
Cricut Design Space
     CTMH Art Philosophy Ticket #M3F46E Modified w/Stentiment
     Cricut "Movie Night" - Popcorn #M3E0ED - Modified
Other
     3D Thin Foam Tape 
     Liquid Glass





  




9 comments:

Lisa said...

This is great! I'm gonna use that paper now similarly. It makes a great background and love how you and Susan used it! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Three Amigos!

Alyson Mayo said...

Very cute - love how you used the cat and then added the "missing element" of the popcorn. This turned out extremely well. Now I have to get down to doing my project for this blog hop...

Anonymous said...

this is cute!!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Comments fromn the DT at The Outlawz Paper Ala Mode "Animal"

Holly Young DT on Thursday
oh, great card Suzanne. I love how you made the theater seats! So clever!

Pamela Danner on Thursday
This is just too cute!

Vickie Yeakley, DT yesterday
Wow! So very creative! Love the way you designed your card. Thanks for sharing.

NanaConnie yesterday
What an a dorable design, Suzanne! Love how creative you were in making the theater seats. :-D

Debbie Ebat, DT yesterday
what a fun card Suzanne... love the paper and the ticket...

Rhonda Zmikly DT 20 hours ago
Love all the different colored seats you made!! Brilliant idea!

Camille Short DT 18 hours ago
Those theater seats are very creative!

Reply by Suzanne Reynolds 18 hours ago. Thank you all for your nice comments...appreciate it very much.
Food for Thought: The background paper is a design paper that I didn't know how I would use it...I didn't create the theatre seats, it's a very unusual design paper that I didn't think I would ever use. But, I was determined to use it. My son thought the paper looked like tombstones, my husband said he didn't know, a friend said it looked like colored cactus and it wasn't until I added the images I knew what that design paper was going to represent...a theater and then it needed the popcorn and a movie ticket for the sentiment. Curious to know what you think the background design paper represents.

Camille Short DT 17 hours ago
OMG, Suzanne! That is too funny! Now I just have to know what the design actually is - I keep staring at it and now only see theater seats!!!!

Holly Young DT 5 hours ago
Popsicles!

Melanie R said...

This is so cute! I have never considered turning so much paper inter theater seats but it's a great idea. Popcorn is perfect.

Susan Fogle said...

Oh, Sue, I love how you saw theater seats in that paper! Super card! Thanks for playing along with our challenge!

Anonymous said...

Sue, I love this...I can totally see it as a theater now!

Brandi said...

Great card, I love it! Thanks for playing along with Between the Folds Challenge!

Brandi R
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca
DT Member – BTF Challenge

Annette Clark said...

You took a challenging pattern and created a truly awesome card! That kitten is adorable, and who doesn't love movie popcorn?!?! Thanks for joining us at Between The Folds.