Friday, April 7, 2017

Thank You - Color Dare #238

Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #238: This week’s colors are Peacock, Willow and White Daisy (All and Only). We encourage you to use CTMH products; however you may use any products to participate using closest to colors ... join in the fun.  

You don't need a blog to submit your entry...if you are a member of Pinterest you can set up a Folder and link your entry to our Challenge. You have until Thursday, April 13th to enter your project. Please hop on by to see the DT member inspirations and other entrants. 




Went to our monthly crop and we share a lot of ideas, techniques, stamps, dies, etc...so my focus for this color challenge was due to our sharing at the Crop.  

The technique for the background was shared and I had many experiments until I got what I was happy with.  I'm not sure what it is called, but you use either an embossing folder or you do diagonal scoring on cardstock (I did both) and then just run the ink across the embossed /scored card.  And if you want to stamp something on the embossed item you can do that and then swipe/smudge the ink across the cardstock. 

For my card I decided to use the color challenge and swiped the Willow first, and then took the peacock and did the same.  I still need to practice on this; but the results are always different and fun...and if not what you wanted for a particular card, put it in your stash for another time.  

The stamped image was also shared at the crop and I used Willow and Peacock inks with a brush water pen.  Used a die cut to frame it, brushed peacock around the image and then added the frame.  All it needed was a sentiment and the card was finished.  

The inside of the card was one of the other experiments...the one side was really goofed up so I chose the good side, cut and placed in the upper corner of the inside and I actually through out the bad side after looking at it to determine if it was still going in my stash.  







CTMH Products Used Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Paper
     Personalized Background Smudging
Cardstock 
     Willow and White Daisy 
Stamp 
     Stamped Image From a Friend 
Die 
     Craftin' Desert Diva's "Inside Scalloped Circle" 
     Sentiment - Lawn Fawn "Words" #LF1055
Inks 
     Peacock and Willow 
Other 
     Embossing Folder - Darise 


     

7 comments:

Lisa said...

So beautiful! Love this technique! Yours turned out awesome!

jeanchaneyaz said...

Love how this looks, Sue! Such a pretty card!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Gorgeous card, Sue! I love your background swipe technique using two colors. Really pretty water coloring of the roses also.
:) Marie

Alyson Mayo said...

I love this - it is so classy. Great use of the colours this week. Your technique worked perfectly and the flowers are stunning.

Melanie R said...

The technique is perfect for this card. So elegant!

pinkbirdy said...

I love your card!
How do you get the dots on the crosshatching to be white, if you swiped ink over it?

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Used the opposite side of the embossed card so that the dots were in the scoring. If you use the folder as it was then it would have colored the dots.