Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Chairs to You - AHSC 206

My card this week as Design Team Member for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #206. Join this challenge...you have until Sunday, April 9th to enter your project.

The design team reveal for this sketch will be on Wednesdays, so be sure to stop by to see the beautiful cards from the rest of the design team and other entrant inspirations for this challenge...and stop by every Monday for new sketches.  Don't wait for the DT post to create your project...show us up with your artwork.  

Wow, where do I start with this sketch ... because the focal point was so strange I wanted something that really represented it but all I saw was a silhouette or Profile of someone.  Needed some help so sought out my husband and asked him what he saw.  I was shocked when he came back with an answer ... he must be catching on to what a sketch means ... he said a dog or chair.  CHAIR, of course, and I had a chair stamp set I never used.  The dog was a good choice too...but I don't have a good dog stamp currently.



Since he was now completely involved with my creation (LOL) I thought he should participate in the selection of design papers for a good masculine card and chose Jackson paperpack. First...stamped chair on three different design papers and had him choose which one.  Did several cuts for the focal panel and background in the same design papers, plus reverse side and we played around with many combinations.  He really didn't know how much goes into planning and creating a card, but he found out and made his final decisions. 

Since he was so overwhelmed on the many decisions, thought it best that I complete the card with the banners and sentiment.  What goes with my husband's chair?  That's a no brainer...a remote control.  And a Front Row Seat Ticket from the Jackson Complements fit right in.   Stamped on Sentiment from same stamp set...done.  

It's no wonder we've been together for almost 50 years...we compromise ... well, he might not call it that.  





Also sent to the following Challenges



CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Paper 
     Jackson 
Cardstock 
     Chocolate, Juniper, Black and Colonial White 
Stamp Set 
     D1456 Chairs To You 
Inks 
     Chocolate 
Other
     Jackson Complements 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 



4 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Ok - I laughed out loud as I was reading this post. It is truly NO WONDER you two have been together so long :) This card needs to be hung directly above his chair now! I love it but more than anything, I love the concept behind it. Thanks for making me smile tonight :)

Lisa said...

Very cool design! I still don't want that stamp set but I love what you did with it! Good job to you and Dad!

Melanie R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie R said...

So now you're really making this a family affair. Will Darrell be joining us at our next crop? Really cute card - love the remote controls. Since there are two of them, I thought the title should be "Duelling Remotes."