Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Spongebob - Hip to Be Square


Oh my...I had such a great time creating this card for Heart2Heart Challenge "Hip To Be Square"...went to sleep thinking of squares and woke up thinking of squares.  



Found some clipart on SpongeBob Square Pants with a microphone, printed, fussy-cut on my new Brother Scan and Cut, colored, embossed and layered with a second cut. The Music Notes were also clipart that was printed and then cut.  

In Cricut Design Space I created my Sentiment through Text, ungrouped, stacked the letters, attached, welded and then cut in white daisy cardstock and layered with a second cut.  

HOW SQUARE CAN WE GET...my squares are represented by
  • Music Notes to Represent a Song from 1986 by Hewey Lewis and The News "Hip To Be Square."  CLICK HERE to listen to the song 
  • SpongeBob Square Pants 
  • Background Paper are Squares 
  • Frame for SpongeBob are Crazy Squares 
  • Sentiment "Hip To Be Square" 



CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise: 
Design Paper 
     Paper Fundamentals "Enchantment" Peacock
Cardstock 
     White Daisy, Black, Peacock
Inks
     ShinHan alcohol-base pens
Dies 
     Lil' inker Designs - Crazy Squares 
Other
     3D Thin and Regular Foam Tape 

   
Lyrics to:  Hip to Be Square
I used to be a renegade, I used to fool around
But I couldn't take the punishment, and had to settle down
Now I'm playing it real straight, and yes I cut my hair
You might think I'm crazy, but I don't even care
'Cause I can tell what's going on
It's hip to be square
It's hip to be square
I like my bands in business suits, I watch them on TV
I'm working out 'most everyday and watching what I eat
They tell me that it's good for me, but I don't even care
I know that it's crazy
I know that it's nowhere
But there is no denying that
It's hip to be square
It's hip to be square
It's hip to be square
It's hip to be square
It's not too hard to figure out
you see it everyday
And those… Full lyrics on Google Play Music

5 comments:

Melanie R said...

Such a cute card... I love the musical notes!

Alyson Mayo said...

Ok - this made me laugh out loud. I am not a fan of Sponge Bob anything but the whole idea of this card is just so unique and eye-catching that you can't help but be drawn to it. I love the "How Square can We Get" section as well... Wonderful and creative idea to interpret the theme at H2H. Thanks for the laugh and the inspiration. This truly made my day :)

Paige Dolecki said...

This one is laugh out loud funny! Love your use of Sponge Bob and the song too. Thanks for joining us at Heart2Heart Challenges this week and sharing your adorable artwork!

Paige

Christina Hor said...

This is one cartoon that I don't allow my kids watch. But this is one very cute card Sue! Great details. I very like how you carry through the musical note to the interior too. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs.

Sue Bruch—From my Heart said...

Congratulations on your Heart 2 Heart win! What a fun card!