Monday, August 8, 2016

One of a Kind - AHSC #172

My card this week as Design Team Member for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #172.  Please check out the other Design inspirations, and join us at AHSC...you have until Sunday, August 14th to enter your project.  

Heart2Heart and Between The Folds #24A Challenges were both featuring the CTMH "Florence" Paper Pack, so my choice was to use the design papers for this Sketch.  Hop on by both of these challenges for their DT inspirations and other entrants.  



The sketch reminded me of either a ship or a bird, so I thought I would look for a bird in flight in Cricut Design Space and selected a Bird in "Florals Embellished" Cartridge.  Had some difficulty trying to think of how I could make this look like the sketch...

For the left-hand side of the card the zip strips from the design paper were cut similar to the sketch and extended the zip strips to the other side of the card.  The bird was placed using its head to represent the shape on the right-hand side of the sketch, and the rectangle piece was the wing of the bird.  Hope you can see the sketch in my creation...I said it was out-of-the-box, but it worked for me.   

This photo is a close-up of the all the different design papers used for the die-cut...which really created a great whimsical image.  And even the sentiment was a part of one of the zip strips from the paper pack. Amazingly, the cut of the red design paper even put the white dot in the eye for me, couldn't have done that if I had tried.   

All CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Design Paper 
     Florence 
Cardstock 
     Peacock and White Daisy
Cricut Design Space 
     Bird #M43955 - "Florals Embellished" Cartridge 
Embellishments 
     My Mind's Eye - Jubilee Enamel Dots 
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape    



7 comments:

katieo said...

Beautiful. I love Florals Embelished

Donna said...

Beautiful card! Love that bird die-cut and the enamel dots in the top corner are a great touch.

Donna said...

Thank you for inspiring us at Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog.

Melanie R said...

I love your Atlantic Hearts sketch interpretation - very artistic! Pretty colors and paper enhance the gracefulness of the bird. Impeccably made, as always.

Brandi said...

Stunning! I love this card. That bird is amazing! Thanks for playing along with Between the Folds (BTF and Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

Brandi R
DT member BTF & AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Alyson Mayo said...

I would never have guessed this was the Florence paper pack with the colour scheme that you used. Focusing so heavily on the reds and blues with a touch of the yellows makes such a big difference. LOVE that bird with the red eye :) Great interpretation of the sketch.

Unknown said...

Love, love the bird!!