Thursday, March 26, 2015

Friendship Makes Life Colorful


OMG! I can't help it; but this is my favorite card I have ever made and had so much fun putting it together.  It was initially designed for Heart2Heart Monday March 23 Challenge "How Cute"; but I also adapted it to Atlantic Hearts Sketch Milestone Challenge #100 because I wanted to do something special and different.  I usually  fall back on flowers and butterflies...but my theme just seemed so appropriate for both challenges...
Started with the Cricut Cartridge "Pooh & Friends Font Set" and selected my three images (Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore).  Again, in Design Space all pieces were cut in Colonial White cardstock and then colored each layer with ShinHan's assortment of colors...which was a bit of a challenge.  To determine what pieces were what colors and where they should be placed, ungrouping the images in Design Space made it easy to determine.  Instead of the variety of flat colored cardstock. I prefer the softness of colors with using pens.  Plus all pieces are cut at one time instead of inserting new paper for each color, and there were many colors for this set of images.

After coloring my Friends, I knew exactly what paper to use for the background.  I was reminded of this paper from the Atlantic Hearts Design Team's artwork and said in the comment that I might use this paper in my next challenge...and I did.

The Frame or focal point was cut from CTMH ArtBooking "Rectangle Flourish" using Glitter paper and white cardstock.  And the Sentiment came from an old stamp set that my daughter gave me C1361 Buttoned Together, just the right sentiment for this card.  

Now the embellishments...Wow, I'm missing Piglet.  Went back to the cartridge and there happened to be an image of Piglet's head only...perfect...so placed him to appear as he is looking over to his friends and holding up the Sentiment.  And of course you always see Pooh and his friends among flowers and butterflies...well as much as I tried to stay away from flowers and butterflies, I couldn't. I placed a glitter butterfly above Pooh's head, and some flower puffies added to the corners.  And of course 3D Foam Tape on Tigger, Eeyore and Pooh for dimension, which does not show well in the picture.  

Please go to Atlantic Hearts for the Milestone #100 Sketch Challenge and the Heart2Heart "How Cute" Challenge and see all the Design Team artwork, as well as other entries to these challenges.  All the cards will inspire you...you still have time to submit an entry.




18 comments:

Nikka Geers said...

Wow. I cant believe you used the markers for this. I thought you used print then cut. This card is so adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Haven't figured out how to print and cut yet. If you have simple instructions, let me know. I have tried following the manual, but not successful yet. Does it color in or just outline each shape?

comopark1886 said...

This is so adorable! And the coloring is fantastic! I am not having too good of a time with the new Cricut Explore, I hope you and Lisa are doing better with it than I am.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Donna, I'm working with it and have had some problems of understanding how to do some things, but I'm okay with it generally. I luv it.

Melanie R said...

Love your card! I like that you made a special card for the #100 challenge. This is truly outstanding, Sue.

Lisa said...

This card is just adorable! You've outdone yourself!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Yes, this is certainly a cute card! I love the glittered mat you used and the frolicking characters that you colored so beautifully. Thanks for sharing it with us at AHSC!
:) Marie

ScrappyHorses said...

This is too cute!

comopark1886 said...

I might need some lessons next time I visit!

Unknown said...

I love your card - it is just too cute!!! Thanks for playing along at AHSC.

Unknown said...

Great card, and lots of hard work. Good for you. Thanks for sharing it with us at AHSC

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute card...who can resist Pooh!

Linda Norman said...

amazing coloring! I love the card!Thanks for joining us at AHSC

Linda
DT AHSC
www.scrappytherapy.com

Brandi said...

Great job on the colouring, that is awesome! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

Brandi R
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Kelly Janes said...

Wow!! Your coloring skills are amazing!! Thanks for joining us at AHSC this week!

Michelle Stewart said...

Great job putting this card together, love the fun colors, and the coloring job on your little characters are fabulous. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us during our 100th sketch Challenge at AHSC.

Lauren said...

I actually "squeed" when I saw this, what an adorable card! I am a huge fan of Winnie the Pooh so I love this design. Thanks for joining us for our 100th challenge!

Huey said...

Sue, this is adorable!! what a terrific job you do and best part is you enjoy this so much!!