Sunday, February 8, 2015

Valentine's Day Postcards - Grand-daughter Made for Classmates

This was quite a challenge for an 8 1/2 year old (youngest Grand-daughter), but she worked very hard with me (Grandma) in putting these cards together, one for each of her classmates.  If you are reading this post, please go to the end of this post to see the 29 cards she made, and any comment to my Grand-daughter would be appreciated for a "job well done" 
 
Her first challenge was to take the "Create a Critter" manual home, make a list of her classmates first name and pick out the critter or item from this cartridge which she felt  fit the personality of that classmate.  That was the easy part.  Through the help of Pinterest I was able to find a lot of the phrases that fit that particular critter or item, and for those that we didn't find we came up with a few clever ones ourselves. 
 
Next was to plan out the postcard...thus many cricut cut hearts and then stamped, the frame for the phrases, and rounding all corners.  While my Grand-daughter was doing rounding corners, and pasting the frame and hearts on the postcard, I was cutting out many pieces from "Create A Critter" cartridge.  There were up to 3-4 pieces for each critter, using many different colors for one critter.  As each critter was completed she pasted them together.  She was getting ahead of me so I set her up for typing the To and From, and phrases while I patiently watched her.  After she completed a sheet I proofed the information and made the font changes for the phrase, cut the phrase and she rounded corners and pasted on the postcards.  As the critters were completed they were pasted to the right-side, along with adding some washi or glitter tape, or an item that fit that critter. 
 
This process was going on all 3 days that we got together...she was tiring of this and when I asked her if she wanted to do this again next year "she was unsure".  I'm real proud of her accomplishment with this project and I know when she sees how much each classmate likes their card...who knows maybe this will be a project next year too.    

 





22 comments:

Lisa said...

Omg. These are all soooo adorable! What a great job you both did! Her friends are going to love them. It will be worth all of the hard work!

Melanie R said...

Every one of these is so cute I cannot pick a favorite. I love them all and I know her friends will, too. Fabulous!

comopark1886 said...

These cards are fantastic! I love every one of them! Such a big project too. I don't know if I would be able to do all that work. Everyone in school will want one of these cards! I see a future scrapbooker here :-)

Susan Fogle said...

These valentines are amazing! I love that each one has a different design and saying! Great work! Very creative!

Unknown said...

Izzy, these are adorable and you should be so proud of your work. Nothing better than receiving a handmade card. I am sure your friends will cherish them and keep forever. You are so very talented and lucky to have a wonderful Grandma to help you.

Unknown said...

Great job Izzy and u too Sue. They are fantastic valentines cards. Your classmates will love them.

Unknown said...

Great job to my beautiful daughter. She worked really hard. Proud of her!!! Love u mommy.

Unknown said...

Nice work Izzy! Your friends are lucky to be getting cards from you. They are great

Barbara-Ann said...

Great Job. Wish I had a friend like you to give me a Valentine like this when I was in school !!!

Unknown said...

These are just super, super cute!! Great job!!!

Brandi said...

Those are super cute, I love how they are all different for each of the kids, very personal, great touch, I am sure your classmates will love them! :) Brandi from Canada!

Unknown said...

Great job Izzy!!!! I love how you took the time to make each one special for each person!

Unknown said...

I think they are super adorable! Wish I could be in elementary school to give out valentines again!

Lauren said...

So cute, I especially love the cow one!

canadian_liner said...

Awesome! Great "Grand-mum and me" project! It does sound like it was a lot of work, but I think you're right--the cards will receive rave reviews. She should get a Brownie badge for her work!

Unknown said...

Great job ..very cute

Corey Bzibziak said...

Great job Izzy! (and Grandma :p ) I'm sure all your classmates loved the hard work that you put into the cards.

Unknown said...

Wow! These are the best Valentines ever! Job well done ladies! Happy Valentines Day! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm impressed...my 9 year old granddaughter lives with me and we made Valentine's together too. We used the Love Ya Silly stamp set.

Unknown said...

Izzy! Your cousin Ryan here! You did such an amazing job on these valentines! I am sure all of your classmates are going to love them!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Hey it is Izzy here, thank you for all the comments you typed for me. It was hard work doing these cards. Today at my class party in school everybody loved the cards I made.

Lisa said...

You are welcome, Izzy... you deserve it... glad everyone loved your Valentines!