Sunday, February 22, 2015

Thank You Note - Color Dare Diamond Winner




In viewing some other sketch challenges I ran across the Color My Heart Color Dare #130 which I thought was interesting and a challenge to come up with a card that didn't include a lot of color.  I used CTMH Daisy White and Whisper Cardstock for most of the card, except for the border which I used a darker grey cardstock that I pulled from my scraps....
Using Cricut Explore's Design Space, the flowers and sentiment were printed in silver from "Anna's Garden Cards & Embellishments" cartridge and the butterfly cut from "Florals Embellished" cartridge...both were included with my HSN Cricut purchase.  To bring in the silver on the flowers and leaves I used Wink of Stella and added white glitter tape and liquid glass to the center of each flower, and topped it off with a couple silver hearts in the corner of the card.  The butterfly was cut using Whisper cardstock and Wink of Stella to pull in the silver.  Card distressed with the CTMH ink color Whisper.  The cards the Design Team created were my inspiration to create a card for this challenge and I feel my card has met the requirements of Color Dare #130.  Go to Color My Heart and take a look at these cards and others submitted for this challenge and join in making this your challenge too. 


7 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow.....this is beautiful! We're you up all night?

Donna said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the shimmer in the flowers and how you have the butterfly popping off the card. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

P.G. Lamb said...

What a wonderful sentiment! Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

Melanie R said...

I love this card! Having seen it in person I can say it's truly beautiful.

Michelle said...

Beautiful card and I love the sentiment! Very pretty butterfly to accent the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Really proud of being selected Diamond Winner for this entry even though there were so few entries...hope more people join the next Color Dare....I am.

ScrappyHorses said...

So pretty! Congrats. Hey, you deserved it no matter how many people played. It was a hard challenge; I couldn't come up with an idea for that one!